Saturday, June 24, 2006

Almost there

We are most of the way to Transylvania now. I had to leave so many things behind I sort of panic at the thought of what we are going to need. What might I need to function as an intern and live for six months? I shaved off about half the books I wanted though I am sure I will be begging people to ship other theology books to me. I've now lugged my massive Oxford Study Bible from plane to plane through security checkpoints. I had to take it out on one flight so my bag would fit in the overhead bin.

I'm at a T-Mobile hotspot in a crazy duty free shopping mall at London Heathrow. I feel incapable of even basic grammatical language. Its 11am and my body still thinks it might be 4am like it is in California.

Had a near panic yesterday as our Budapest lodging fell through but we found a nice apartment to stay at through expatriates.com. UU's traveling through Budapest on Partner Church activities or to the ICUU symposium contact me and I can give you the contact for it.

Tonight we sleep in Budapest. In the morning we will take the optimustrans.ro minibus to Kolozsvar. We wanted to take the train but the schedule did not work out and the bus service came highly recommended.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger David said...

Hey, just found your blog. Wondering why you are a unitarian when many of your stances directly contradict the bible that you claim to base most of your teachings and doctrine on?

I'm not looking for an arguement, but more want to understand your reasoning and present to you why I don't agree.

My blog is www.truthisheavy.com
I happen to just post something on the unitarian church and would love your feedback.

 
At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I just found your blog. I was looking after a site about optimustrans and this is how I found "you".

How do you like Kolozsvar? As I live there, I think that the city's center is very beautiful, but I wouldn't mention the other parts ;) I hope that you will have a nice trip...and in the end you will consider the past 6 months a very nice experience ;)

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home