Friday, February 11, 2005

Dave Chappelle's mom

Was I the last person to find this out? Dave Chappelle (the star of the Chappelle Show on Comedy Central) is the son of Yvonne Seon, the first African American woman to be fellowshipped as a UU Minister?



Here is what he says about it here:

I read in your bio that you're the son of a Unitarian minister. Did that play into your getting into stand-up at all?
I don't know about that. I don't think so. Both of my parents are really smart people, and that influenced me, but I don't think the Unitarian thing did at all. That's a pretty laid back religion, the Unitarian thing.

It's not quite fire and brimstone.
Yeah, you don't feel like you're a preacher's son or anything. And when I started doing stand-up, my mom was really, really supportive.

Did they ever have a problem with your material?

Because she's your mom.
Yeah, exactly. "You're hitting that 'pussy' word a little hard."

"Hey, Dave, maybe one 'pussy' is enough."
Yeah, yeah! Exactly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home